The holidays may have just ended but here is an amazing dish that can be used year-round and is the perfect appetizer to any event you may be hosting. With only 5 ingredients and only about 10 minutes of preparation, its ease will make it a staple and favorite for both you and your guests.
Here in the States, you can generally find pears year-round. If you’re looking locally, the largest California has the longest pear season, ranging from August – February, then the rest of the country generally falls into an August- December peak pear season.
Sweet and juicy, I love that in addition to as an appetizer, these honey baked pears are versatile and can also be served for breakfast or dessert.
Picking the Pears
The fan favorite is Bartlett for this recipe, but you can use whichever variety you choose. A key component to this dish is ensuring that the pears are ripe, but still firm pears. If the pears are too ripe and hard, they will take too long to bake and have the potential of drying out. If the pears are over-ripe or too soft, they will get mushy when baked. So, let’s get into it!
Vanilla Honey Baked Pears Recipe
- 4 ripe pears, halved
- 1 TBS unsalted butter, softened
- 2 TBS SIIKA Yaayo honey (raw honey infused with vanilla and lavender)
- Nutmeg, cinnamon to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Scoop out pear seeds.
3. Rub a layer of butter on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Place pears in baking dish sliced side up (if necessary, you can slice a bit off the rounded bottom so that the pears don't tilt to much).
Vanilla Honey Butter
5. In mixing bowl, mix butter and honey.
6. Spoon honey butter mixture over pears.
7. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
8. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and place in oven.
9. Bake covered for 10-15 minutes. Remove cover and bake, uncovered for 10-15 additional minutes, until soft, fragrant, and tender.
These are best served warmed! And of course, you can always drizzle with a bit more Yaayo!
For breakfast, add yogurt, nuts, or granola for a delicious spin on the typical parfait.
As a dessert, try them with ice cream, vanilla pudding, or whipped cream.
I would love to know how you enjoy it,
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.